|Next Course Starts On||11 Mar 2019 (Mon) See Full Schedule|
SGD5900.00* Learn more
RUN 1: 11–15 Mar 2019 (5 days)
Singapore Management University
- Do you want to raise the bar for your high potential talent to understand what it takes to lead - both from within themselves and through their influence on the wider organisation?
- Do you want to raise effective leaders who learn from a cross industry setting and are able to integrate ideas from their peers in addressing their most persistent organisational challenges?
- Do you observe the blind spots in your leaders and you want to steer them to see things from different angles; rise above limiting assumptions to drive change, make decisions and leap ahead of the competition?
- Do you like a knowledge-application –empowerment model that offers insights from faculty who are better able to shape your leaders’ judgment and thinking?
- Do you find it exciting for your leaders to be immersed in a live situation to discuss the real challenges facing a business and offer solutions to C-Suite leaders?
How does the EXCEL Leadership Programme Work?
- Validated 360 psychometric assessment tool with expert feedback and professional coaching for improved performance supporting individuals to recognise the impact they have on others.
- Encouraging self-leadership through personal learning that can aid to lead teams for organisational effectiveness.
- Use of business simulation tools in order to replicate a real-life situation where the participants analyse data, solve the problems, make decisions as a team evaluating the consequences of their decisions and subsequent actions and predicting the future.
Leadership Development Goals
Expect to review a range of leadership frameworks and explore how to manage the pressures of delivering in a VUCA environment. The emphasis throughout is on application, to help you become a better leader in the context in which you work now whilst building skills for the future. Deep dive into your personality using psychometric profiles to gain genuine insight on yourself as you function in your current business context.
Expand your peer networks with cohort from your session and alumni from the earlier sessions for cross industry insights.
Experience a variety of thought-provoking insights and experiential learning format. Apply your learning in a management challenge through simulation and role play.
Each Excel faculty member addresses one of the components of the leadership model. Though the faculty varies for different sessions, each faculty will challenge you to think, behave and motivate others differently with tools related to their particular area of expertise and competency.
Optional one on one coaching is available for participants at a cost. You will be assigned a coach that will help you to have a deeper understand of your psychometric assessment results, and to jointly craft your Individual Development Plan (IDP).
Four to six weeks after Excel, you’ll reconnect virtually with your coach twice to discuss the implementation of your IDP, to monitor its progress, and to identify and/or modify next steps based on your current status.
SMU ExD understands that each executive has different competency gaps. The EXCEL Leadership Programme forms the core. EXCEL participants may opt to deep dive into specific areas such as Team Performance, Strategy, Design Thinking and others from our portfolio of exciting open enrollment programmes at a special discounted rate.
Participants who complete 5 days or more of SMU Executive Development programmes are eligible to be an Associate Alumni of SMU Alumni Association.
Fees and Funding
SGD 5,900 (excluding GST)
* Fee is subject to change. GST applies to individuals and Singapore-registered companies.
* SkillsFuture Credit can be used for this programme. Please click here for more details. Eligible for Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above.
RUN 1: 11–15 March 2019
RUN 2: 18–22 November 2019