The primary role of supply chain management is increasingly complex. Simultaneously, increasing amounts of data availability and processing power present opportunities for refinement. Recent research suggests that supply chains are starting to redefine both product design and production technology, and can be sources of competitive advantage. To address this, SMU’s Executive Development has developed the Global Supply Chain Management programme.
|Next Course Starts On||16 Sep 2019 (Mon) See Full Schedule|
SGD5000.00* Learn more
16–18 Sep 2019 (3 days)
Singapore Management University
- Explore innovative strategies needed for solution differentiation
- Receive practical guidance in the maximisation of value creation together with the balancing of efficiency, flexibility and risk needed in a sound global supply chain
- Leverage big-data analytics to enable your global supply chain to support your corporation’s competitive advantage
- Understanding key implications for supply chain management of major trends such as pressures of sustainability and rebalancing of trade-flows
- Discuss and learn from issues with global thought leaders in supply chain management
Led by SMU Professor Shantanu Bhattacharya, this programme will will guide participants through the complexity and uncertainty of the modern supply network and the operational experiences of Asia, and explore the development of supply network resilience. In addition to a heightened appreciation of value within the network, the differentiated solutions they offer incorporate sustainability and the holistic alignment of core processes.
Understanding and balancing the trade-offs when designing and managing international supply chains is complex. As such, they will lead discussions on the future of East-West interdependence in global supply chain networks as trade-balances, currencies and R&D hubs shift.
It includes a realistic simulation of a global and international cost-effective, resource sensitive, and flexible supply chain.
Who Should Attend
Mid-career and senior industry executives with 5-12 years industry experience from product and service-oriented multinationals, supply chain partners like distribution firms, and consultancies who are currently managing global and Asian supply-chain operations. Typical job titles might be: regional logistics manager, (regional) supply chain manager, planning manager, business development manager, solutions manager, supply chain analyst.
Fees and Funding
SGD 5,000 (Incl. GST)
* Fee is subject to change. GST applies to individuals and Singapore-registered companies.
* SkillsFuture Credit can be used for this programme. Please click here for more details. Eligible for Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above.
16–18 September 2019