Great leaders communicate, persuade and build value, even in times of crises. However leading teams through change and crises requires special communication skills, especially when difficult news needs to be conveyed. The ability to maintain strong, trustworthy and credible communication with all stakeholders, including the media, is an essential executive skill.
However, well before a crisis erupts, the astute executive will have in place a sound reputational and personal brand management regime.
The Leadership Communication programme aims to provide the complex executive communication skills typically associated with increasing leadership responsibility, ranging from interaction at the CEO, board, media, investors, through to internal staff. Industry experts and SMU academic staff facilitate participants through the anatomy of a crisis, effective crisis response techniques and the activation of the crisis team, through to an analysis of the secrets of the master negotiators. Underpinning the skills are current reputation management and personal brand management best practice.
The programme provides the opportunity for participants to refine their media skills as well as develop an effective social media strategy.
Why should you attend?
Attending this programme enables you to:
- Discover why a sound corporate reputation is still the best asset an organisation can have
- Analyse best practice crisis management and planning, including the skills needed across the organisation
- Leverage networks and upgrade media skills, including development of an efficient and effective social media plan
- Understand the importance of value-creation negotiations in all situations, including crises
- Develop a better personal leadership brand, now considered an essential item in every manager’s toolbox
Who Should attend:
Who should attend?
Executives in functional leadership roles who looking to take on greater organisational responsibility; or who are often called upon to represent their organisation in engagements with both external and internal stakeholders.
Image / Video / 3rd Party link:
Date: 22 Mar to 24 Mar, 2017
Fees *: SGD 5,000 (excluding GST)
Duration: 3 days
Venue: Singapore Management University
*Fee is subject to change. GST applies to individuals and Singapore-registered companies.
*SkillsFuture Credit can be used for this programme.
Please click here for more details.
Eligible for Singapore Citizens aged 25 and above.